Saturday, December 12, 2015

Serenity

This is a favorite one of mine and it also carries a very special meaning.

One day I was sitting down and thinking about my aunt who had been sick lately and she had been in and out of the hospital.  So, I came up with the idea to make all four (4) of my aunts a personalized quilt.  This quilt has a panel in the center which is the Lord's Prayer and stars that make up one of the borders.  My aunt lives in TN and at the time, I was living in GA so I made the drive to TN to hand deliver all of the quilts.  When my aunt received this quilt, she was pleased and excited.  My heart was full and I was happy that I had done something special for them because they had always been there for me.

Unfortunately, about two months later, my aunt suddenly passed away.  The quilt was passed to her son, my first cousin.  But he later got a divorce and left the quilt with his ex.  The quilt is now lost and I have no idea if the ex still has it or not (probably not!) I would love to get it back because it carries a deep and special meaning for me. I am just happy that she got to enjoy it for a short time and that she felt the love of every stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment